[AusNOG] AusCERT2014: Call for Presentations NOW OPEN

Parth Shukla nog-list at pparth.net
Wed Oct 23 14:25:18 EST 2013

Very bad of me not to send the PGP signed one!

Here it is for those who would like to verify.

Regards,
Parth

Greetings,

AusCERT is pleased to announce the Call for Presentations for AusCERT2014,
the 13th annual AusCERT Information Security conference, is now open.

== AusCERT 2014 ==

The 13th Annual AusCERT Information Security Conference, AusCERT2014, is to
be held on the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia from Monday 12th - 16th
May 2014, at the Royal Pines Resort.

AusCERT is the premier Computer Emergency Response Team for Australia and
provides information security support and advice to its members, including
the higher education sector and the Australian community at large.

== Topics ==

AusCERT welcomes contributions for presentations and tutorials. Submissions
may fall under one of the following broad categories:

 * Securing Rich or Web Applications
 * Network Security: wired and wireless
 * Privacy and Surveillance:
   - cloud, social networks, ehealth, nation state
 espionage/surveillance/sabotage
 * Cybercrime:
   - attacks, cyberwar, hacktivism, law enforcement, insider threats,
forensics
 * Embedded: phones & tablets, medical devices, purpose-built smart devices
 * Incident Response and Handling
 * Industrial Control Systems (SCADA)
 * Governance, Risk Management and Compliance
 * Psychology of infosec: human factors
 * Information Security Innovation

== Tutorial requirements ==

Tutorials may be half (3.5 hours) or full day (7 hours) and can cover
topics with a business or technical focus.

== Presentation and Tutorial Selection ==

The AusCERT2014 Program Committee will independently select all topics and
speakers based on the quality of presentations. Acceptance of these
submissions is at the discretion of the Program Committee which has the
right to refuse any submission. The Program Committee's decisions are final.

== Assistance for speakers selected ==

AusCERT is able to assist in covering the travel and accommodation costs of
conference speakers. The standard offer includes:

   - Return economy class airfares
   - Accommodation at the five star Royal Pines Resort (3 nights for
     international speakers or 2 nights for domestic speakers)
   - Free registration to the three day conference (not including tutorial
     sessions)

The above conditions may be varied under special circumstances.

== Important Dates ==

23 October 2013   - Call for Presentations
12 January 2014   - CFP submission deadline
6 February 2014   - Notifications from Program Committee
12 - 16 May 2014  - AusCERT2014 Information Security conference

== Submissions ==

The AusCERT2014 Program Committee welcomes original contributions for
presentations and tutorials not previously published nor submitted in
parallel for publication to any other conference or workshop.

Your detailed submissions for AusCERT2014 need to be made prior to the CFP
close on the 12th January 2014:

http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=auscert2014

Submissions will NOT be accepted after closing time, and there will be no
exceptions. Please note international time zones, as the deadline times are:

Sunday, 12 January 2014 at 11:00:00 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time
Monday, 13 January 2014 at 00:00:00 AM Australian Eastern Daylight Savings
Time
Sunday, 12 January 2014 at 8:00:00 AM US Eastern Time
Sunday, 12 January 2014 at 5:00:00 AM US Pacific Time
Sunday, 12 January 2014 at 1:00:00 PM Greenwich Mean Time

Regards,
AusCERT2014 Program Committee

- --