[AusNOG] Transit over Megaport - who?

Bevan Slattery bevan at slattery.net.au
Wed Oct 16 12:09:18 EST 2013

And I think the point that needs to be made clear is that Megaport is
working to completely redefine how we as an industry connect.  We have
completely focused everything on how we enable our customers and channel to
³define² their network or importantly to seamlessly extend their
platform/service/offering to others.  It¹s not just about the network.  It¹s
the ecosystem.

I¹ve almost lost my voice telling people what we aren¹t.  Megaport isn¹t
PIPE, Vocus, WAIA, Equinix etc..  Its architecture is about large scale,
near-instantaneous tuneable connectivity.

Our vision is to be the leading network interconnection provider in Asia
Pacific.  It¹s a big vision and I agree it¹s very ambitious (it¹s been on
our website since day 1! www.megaport.com )

We don¹t sell transit, voice, DSL tails etc (even DCI¹s).  We aim to do one
thing ­ help networks interconnect in a way that has not been seen in the
market today.

I mean companies provide compute by the hour/day/week/month why can¹t the
network?

http://imgur.com/8R6Qra9

I can¹t show you the ³inside² of the app without NDA.  It¹s 200+ screens for
each platform.  By the end of the year you will be able to turn up/turn
down/sleep or cancel services over your iPhone/portal by years end.  That¹s
assuming you¹re not using our API and doing it via your own portal.

I¹m sure some network providers will try to emulate our leadership and
vision (followers) but as they say, beware of imitationsŠ

Cheers

[b]