[AusNOG] Copper versus fibre in the DC

Cameron Daniel cdaniel at nurve.com.au
Sat Oct 12 19:38:00 EST 2013

Runs around some of the larger datacentres can still exceed the useful
length of multimode fibre and once you get up to higher bit rates then
you start needing multiple pairs.

If you're still buying vendor optics then it's probably significantly
cheaper but if you're prepared to use OEM optics then the difference is
negligible at 1/10G.