[AusNOG] Looking for employees? Melbourne based

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Fri Oct 11 22:26:47 EST 2013

On 11/10/13 13:47, Beeson, Ayden wrote:
> Some Certifications are getting much better IMO, Cisco are redo’ing all
> of their CCNP tests for example (and others I’m sure) to be much more
> practical, real world experience based. TSHOOT is one that has been
> completed, the entire cert test was a series of simulations with things
> wrong, you are told “this does not work” and have to find the problem.
> The answer consists of saying what device had the problem, and what it
> was and should be.
>
> It was excellent, much better than my previous experiences (such as the
> old CCNA tests) with a string of theory questions that anybody with a
> good memory and notes can remember….

I actually took TSHOOT earlier this week as recert time came up and I
couldn't be bothered to study to take something new. As troubleshooting,
root cause identification and the like is a core part of my job I too
found it by far the best cert exam I've ever taken.

I really wish Juniper would finally take a clue and improve their 100%
multiple choice exams.