[AusNOG] LDAP / AD Configuration on SuperMicro IPMI Devices

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Nov 30 18:22:56 EST 2013

90% of ALL posts to this list are irrelevant

As for David giving Daniel "second strike" all I can say is, are you
fucking kidding?

David, you clearly have a personal dislike or bias towards Daniel, thats
your problem, do NOT abuse your position here by pointless petty
bullying using moderators hat, this would be acceptable if you applied
this equally across the board to EVERYONE, but you do not.

Maybe Daniel should learn to use Google a bit more, but that is no
reason or excuse for the blatant abuse of power I am witnessing here.

It seems this lists charter has silently moved, this list was for
network operations which included server stuff, it now appears David has
decided that this is not the purpose of this list, so now I expect to
see everyone who posts irrelevant crap to be given public strikes, ok
David?

Sure, you can start with me if you want, because IDGAF, so long as you
apply it to every single offtopic poster

On 30/11/2013 16:46, Nathan Brookfield wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> David would not have to be so up-tight if you started asking questions that were not relevant to this list.
>
> 99% of your posts are pure SPAM and annoy the shit out of me because they pollute this list.
>
> It wouldn't hurt to contribute something one day.
>
> Kindest Regards, Nathan Brookfield
>
> Chief Executive Officer
> Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd
>
> Web: http://simtronic.com.au [2]
> Phone: 1300 592 330
> Fax: (02) 4749 4950
>
> On 30 Nov 2013, at 17:40, "Daniel Watson" <daniel at glovine.com.au> wrote:
>
> David,
>
> You need to stop being so up-tight on what people post when at least it has some relevance to networking in some way or another and is a general legit question which causes no harm to anyone,
>
> If you don't stop being so up-tight and "striking" people then you will find the posts to this list will decrease and the list will die just like many have in the past.
>
> A simple question does no harm to anyone, unlike the COUNTLESS posts I've seen spammed across this list over the past few months and nobody got off their arse to stop that now, did they?
>
> If you have something like a strike, then do it in private, not on a public mailing list.
>
> D.
>
> -------------------------
>
> FROM: David Hughes [david at hughes.com.au]
> SENT: Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:26 PM
> TO: Daniel Watson
> CC: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
> SUBJECT: Re: [AusNOG] LDAP / AD Configuration on SuperMicro IPMI Devices
>
> Hey Daniel,
>
> As before, try a server / sysadmin related list like SAGE-AU (or google or whatever) for server questions. Strike 2.
>
> David
>
> On 30/11/2013, at 3:46 PM, Daniel Watson <daniel at glovine.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Hey Noggers
>>
>> I was wondering if any *Network Operators* have had any success in configuring their IPMI devices to use an AD environment for staff logins rather then the on-device user list?
>>
>> If you have, please ping off-list as i would like to get some help/input from you :D
>>
>> D.

_Kind Regards_
_Noel Butler_

 This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all relevance of this message including any
attachments, immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal
privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of
this message. Only PDF [3] and ODF [4] documents are accepted, do not
send Microsoft proprietary formatted documents.

Links:
------
[2] http://simtronic.com.au
[3] http://www.adobe.com/