[AusNOG] large data bills on telstra.extranet

Tom.Minchin at csiro.au Tom.Minchin at csiro.au
Mon Nov 25 15:19:38 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm looking to talk to anyone who has been receiving large data bills using the APN Telstra.extranet on Telstra's mobile network.  We've got a lot of sensor equipment which uses it and over the last 3 months have been receiving large bills due to what appears to be DoS attacks on the public IP space that Telstra uses.

I suspect we'll have to move up the level of maturity of technical design to not use public IP (instead have a closed APN).

Some background info I dug up: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2175897 and Maxon had a link warning customers too (but their site appears to be down today).

Tom