[AusNOG] Mikrotik Routerboard access

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Nov 6 22:50:18 EST 2013

Hey Karl,

  This is what I am wanting to do - but unfortunately down time is an
issue, and there is a big risk that I could be wrong and there is no
.backup file there :( in which the router as it sits is currently
working, but should I remove the config and find no backup file then it
is offline until I can hap-hazardly rebuild it.

Argh the pain haha.

My plan at the moment is using replacement hardware build what I can off
the data i've collected, see if I can get it installed with core
services running at least - then attempt the hardware reset on the old
router if all is running 'okayish'. If not I can always revert back to
the currently working router, even though I don't have access to the
stupid thing.