[AusNOG] Request: Contact for DEEWR in regards to IPv6 access to https://ecsn.gov.au/ Website

Kate Lance kate at ipv6now.com.au
Sun Mar 31 16:31:12 EST 2013

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 03:23:37PM +1100, Reuben Farrelly wrote:
> >None of us should be surprised by that... transition by Federal agencies
> >has been well planned for and well documented:
> >http://agimo.gov.au/files/2011/10/Australian-Government-Transition-to-IPv6-2010.pdf
>
> Ironically that host doesn't resolve to an IPv6 address at all :-)
>
> Is there a more recent version of those statistics?   Potentially
> interesting - would be of interest to see the numbers on where
> things are up to now.
>
> Reuben

As far as I know, the most recent figures were reported at the 2012 IPv6
Summit by John Hillier from AGIMO - see:

http://www.ipv6.org.au/summit/talks/JohnHillier_AGIMO_IPv6Summit12.pdf

Although not 100%, most government lead agencies and client agencies have
gone a long way towards implementing v6 on their websites, and some have
also started transitioning their internal systems. I believe they didn't get
much (if any) additional funding for IPv6, so that's not too bad an effort.

Regards,
Kate Lance
ipv6now.com.au