[AusNOG] Global internet slows after 'biggest attack in history'

Damian Guppy the.damo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 22:21:09 EST 2013

Same as damaging any other infrastructure - Terrorism, with an optional
side of blackmail. They also might be trying to influence the political
discourse by blaming the cut on an oppressive regime in the area.

Apparently SEA-ME-WE 4 isnt the only cable in the area that has gone down
in the last week or so, until now the cause had been blamed on the usual
"rogue ship anchor snagging the cable."

--Damian