[AusNOG] Electronic MDF Record Keeping

Chris Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Thu Mar 28 12:28:51 EST 2013

Looking through the Warrnambool Exchange investigation report has just got
me thinking how we'd recover in the event of fire in an MDF / IDF
throughout our infrastructure... we have several MDF's around and like most
we have paper based record books (and I realise some of these are probably
well out of date anyway in terms of services being cancelled).

Does anyone keep electronic records of their MDF / IDF infrastructure, and
if so what particular software or do you just use an excel spreadsheet
perhaps, and if so does anyone have a template they might be willing to
share ?

Thanks,
Chris