[AusNOG] Global internet slows after 'biggest attack in history'

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Thu Mar 28 11:18:28 EST 2013

Nice writeup.

It seems they are focusing alot on the open resolver issue, but that is
only half or 1/3rd of the coin. The other problem is people being able to
send all these forged packets in the first place, and beyond that, have so
many tcp connections.

There are only a few ISPs globally outside of the tier1 and some tier2 that
could handle such an attack, I think telstra (and subsequently all AU isps)
would crumble easily under such an attack, and I might be wrong, please
someone tell me I am, but we could be hit at any moment and with
ramifications far above that of the Warnambool fire?

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Peter Adkins <peter.adkins at kernelpicnic.net