[AusNOG] MLPPP experiences

Guy Ellis guy at traverse.com.au
Wed Mar 27 09:40:08 EST 2013

Hi Joseph,

We have a 'custom' OpenWRT build with ML-PPP and have tested it over a
range of line speeds.
If you or anyone wants to see the results it I'm happy to share.

The only caveat that I'm aware of is that you can only achieve a maximum
of 2x the minimum line speed.
So for example if you have a 1x 10Mbps and 1x 15Mbps the maximum you can
expect is 2x 10Mbps less overhead.

Provided the resequencing buffer is large enough, there should be no
issue with different latencies.
Since Microtik is closed source you may not be able to adjust this.

Kind regards,
  - Guy.