[AusNOG] Open Resolver Problems

Tom Paseka tom at cloudflare.com
Tue Mar 26 17:58:44 EST 2013

Hi Narelle,

Most of the DNS Reflection / Amplification problem isn't in a consumer
level. While I did profile a few hundred consumer modem/routers, the bulk
are running on actual servers.

With regards to the consumer modem changes - this is something that really
needs to be done to protect things on many levels. Tens of Thousands of
modems are out there, running in botnets.

Cheers,
Tom