[AusNOG] dot1q-tunnel and cisco nexus 5000s

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Thu Mar 21 18:04:53 EST 2013

Macca the Ghetto setup will work if you have higher than 1500 mtu on the network, jumbo frames should allow the ghetto approach.

Effectively Q-in-Q passthrough without any knowledge of it going through the stuff in the middle.

Some devices might munch the packets though, but generally you need the extra packet size to allow the tags through.

And I've done the Ghetto loopback to pull out a QinQ tag in an emergency, but you get lots of 'VLAN MISMATCH' errors.

S.