[AusNOG] Cisco 7606 hardware advice.

William Co williamc at exetel.com.au
Wed Mar 20 16:18:19 EST 2013

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your generous imput, just would like to ask a few more questions:

1. We are running WS-F6724-DFC3CXL, when we the following problem when
configuring same vlan on different interface.

interface GigabitEthernet1/1.10
  encapsulation dot1Q 10
  ip add 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

int GigabitEthernet1/2.10
  encapsulation dot1Q 10
*Command rejected: VLAN 10 not available*

I understand this is because the card itself is actually a LAN ethernet
card.

Would the ES+ cards solve this problem? Such as below:

interface GigabitEthernet1/1.10
  encapsulation dot1Q 10
  ip add 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

interface GigabitEthernet1/2.10
  encapsulation dot1Q 10
  ip add 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0

2. Is there any limitation on how many dot1q sub-interfaces or VLANs on
this card/platform?

3. Does it support CBWFQ on the dot1q sub-interface?

4. Does it support PPPoE under QinQ sub-interface? Such as below:

interface GigabitEthernet0/1.2503
  encapsulation dot1Q 2503 second-dot1q 1-4092
  pppoe enable group PPPoE-Group

Cheers,

Will