[AusNOG] Cisco 7606 hardware advice.

William Co williamc at exetel.com.au
Wed Mar 20 14:41:45 EST 2013

Gday folks,

We are looking at getting a 20GE port 7600 ES+ Card. There are a quite a
few different models, we are not sure which one is the right one. We
will be using this card for Metro Ethernet Termination, MPLS VPN,
EoMPLS, QoS (Marking, CBWFQ), PPPoE, possibly VPLS.

Would anyone please help me with the difference between the following
models? we are looking at all these models on the cisco docs and can't
get our head around the difference between them.

Cisco 7600 Series Ethernet Services Plus
Cisco 7600 Series Ethernet Services Plus Transport
Cisco 7600 Series Ethernet Services Plus XT
Cisco 7600 Series Ethernet Services Plus Extended Combination

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Will