[AusNOG] Telstra contact required for SORBS delegation/delisting

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Wed Mar 13 20:55:23 EST 2013

$quoted_author = "Andrew Lau" ;

> We have a SMTP server over in 203.58.128.0/17 (with a valid PTR record),
> but since the IP is registered under Telstra's AS, SORBS won't even let us
> file a delisting request for an incident that took place two years ago!

I had a similar issue trying to get a single IP removed from someone else's
range. Don't know if the loophole still exists but if you were actually
connecting to the SORBS website from the IP in question you could request
the removal. Granted the SORBS website wasn't pretty in lynx, but it worked.

cheers
Marty