[AusNOG] IPv6 tunnels and resources

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Sun Mar 10 16:32:37 EST 2013

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Kate Lance <kate at ipv6now.com.au> wrote:

> Free IPv6 tunnels - Australian-based,
> no justification required, easy setup:
> http://ipv6now.com.au/free.php

Which gives, according to the website, "a /128 prefix", and 10MB of
outbound traffic per month (so what, maybe 50MB inbound given typical
in/out ratios for TCP).

Whilst I give some small credit to IPv6Now for setting this up, I can't
really see why anyone would actually use it, and can't see it as being
anything more than a marketing ploy to say you give free tunnels.  Or am I
missing something?

Ohh, and last I looked, US->Australia was about 160ms, not 300ms - and of
course any additional latency for a tunnel is only when accessing local
traffic. For traffic to the US the additional latency will be basically
zero.

  Scott