[AusNOG] IPv6 - What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

Craig Askings craig at askings.com.au
Wed Mar 6 15:10:38 EST 2013

On 06/03/2013, at 2:03 PM, Don Gould <don at bowenvale.co.nz> wrote:

> On 6/03/2013 4:42 p.m., David Hughes wrote:
>> If you have implemented a new OSS platform of any description in the last 10 years then hopefully one of the check boxes was that it supported v6 - because we all knew we'd need it some day. David …
>

> ...but hey, if you can find me ATA's that will do what the SPA100 series will, at the same price point (which is still higher than what my customers are happy with) them I'm all ears... I've been trying to kill off PSTN as hard as we're trying to kill off v4.

IPv6 support on VoIP / SIP hardware is even worse than most other IT equipment vendors. The only gear I've found that supports it in a dual stack fashion is the Snom M9, the rest of the Snom gear (3xx, 7xx, 8xx) do a half arsed job where it is ipv4 or ipv6 (no dual stack) with static allocations (no SLAAC).