[AusNOG] IPv6 - What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Wed Mar 6 14:42:41 EST 2013

On 06/03/2013, at 1:21 PM, Don Gould <don at bowenvale.co.nz> wrote:

> Ok, so excuse me if I'm just being really thick here...
>
> ...but if that had been happening, give that our average technology refresh on anything other than big printers is 4 years, we'd be though two cycles.
>
> *We're at 1% traffic.*

Like I said, I was not talking about the network.  I was talking about operational support system etc.  It doesn't matter if something is only doing 1% of the traffic - you still need to provision it, monitor it, and keep customer records about it.  If you have implemented a new OSS platform of any description in the last 10 years then hopefully one of the check boxes was that it supported v6 - because we all knew we'd need it some day.

David
…