[AusNOG] IPv6 Training - Peace

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com
Tue Mar 5 20:20:19 EST 2013

Ok.  So I've had a rant and think I'm done.  The reality is nothing is
going to change for better or for worse for the IPv4 world.  Being (very)
upset is not going to change it.

So…

We need to get IPv6 promoted and not just once a year for IPv6 day.  So
here's a thought:

We get together not just get ISP's/content guys and host'ies, but also
vendors both big iron (Cisco, Brocade, Juniper etc.) and small tin
(residential CPE types).  Could be for a day or two (2).  People need
education and training not just ISP's but also IT integrators for SME
market place.

If it helps, I'm happy to personally put up $50,000 to either one big
training session for a few days in a capital city (east coast) or $10,000
for each of the 5 cities (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth)
for a training day for same people.

Open to suggestions on who to run it (WAIA in WA?) or anyone at APNIC or
even AusNog ;)  Prepared to put my money where my (big) mouth is and give
up buying a /20 on eBay to promote IPv6.

Open to the not-for-profits to come up with the ideas and the popular vote
wins.  But it must be free or minimal costs for attendees and only vendors
that have IPv6 compliant equipment and IPv6 running website are allowed to
attend and promote.

It's there if people want to promote it and I'm happy with the format.

Peace

[b]

I'll even wear an "I love Skeeve T-Shirt".  Sorry mate.