[AusNOG] IPv4

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com
Tue Mar 5 11:59:07 EST 2013

On 5/03/13 8:13 AM, "Mark Newton" <newton at atdot.dotat.org> wrote:

>On 05/03/2013, at 7:58 AM, Bevan Slattery <Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com>
>wrote:
>

>Will immediately cause those who have historical address space to cease
>their RIR memberships to avoid the fees, if they were members in the
>first place.
>
>They never got their allocations from RIRs in the first place, and RIRs
>can't take them back.  If they cease membership, they still keep their
>addresses.
>
>So the legacy /8 holders everyone seems to be railing against would be
>untouched, free to do whatever they want with their addresses, including
>selling them, without paying a $24m per annum RIR fee;  and the new
>entrants
>would end up with a $1 per address per annum usage tax.

And that would be replaced with between $1,000m and $2,000m.  It applies
to anyone organisation that didn't have the legacy /8's.

I think your "new entrants" would be anyone since the mid 90's?

Besides I was paying something like $2,500/year to join APNIC for a /22 so
I'm paying $2.50 per IP anyway.  Be glad to get a discount!

[b]

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential. This email and any attachments are also subject to copyright. No part of them may be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written permission of the copyright owner. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this information is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the message from your system. All email communications to and from NEXTDC Limited are recorded for the purposes of archival and storage.