[AusNOG] IPv4

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Mon Mar 4 17:58:46 EST 2013

On 3/03/2013 12:39 AM, Mark Newton wrote:

> On 02/03/2013, at 19:38, ZoneNetworks - Joel <joel at zonenetworks.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Wish Optus or Telstra had ipv6,
> Telstra has had IPv6 for their business Internet customers since 2011.
>
> I wish Optus had it too, and also that Telstra had it for their non-business customers.

FWIW, you can only have a gripe with Telstra Bigpond retail.

Telstra Wholesale DSL ports can provide IPv6, because they are layer-3 agnostic via PPP.
Any ISP using Telstra Wholesale DSL ports can provide native IPv6 to customers by
enabling IPV6CP as well as IPCP in your PPP BRAS configs.
Right Now.

All you ISPs providing services through TW ports - hang your collective heads in shame.

Paul.

(PS - the same is true for NBN ports. If you use PPPoE through the NBN, you too can
provide IPv6 native to customers. Right Now. No Waiting Required.)

P.