[AusNOG] Cloudflare offline

Mark Tees marktees at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 10:36:53 EST 2013

The mentioned on their blog that config walk likely wrong as it was typed out manually. The rule should have been 99971-99985 if it was legitimate.

But that was never legitimate. Any attack signature that had a packet size larger than what is real shouldn't have made it in. A guess would be that maybe their detection system picked up packets with forged headers.