[AusNOG] Cloudflare offline

Jethro Carr jethro.carr at jethrocarr.com
Mon Mar 4 08:21:08 EST 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 04:37 +1100, Emily Ozols wrote:
> So... Who's getting fired?

If an engineer followed proper processes (change control, testing, etc)
and then when everything failed, proceeded to resolve the issue with
professional attitude, logical thinking and detailed analysis, I would
be buying them beer, not terminating their employment.

I think everyone on this list will have been around long enough to see
that totally unexpected faults and mistakes occur, the key difference
between a competent engineer and an incompetent one is whether they
followed processes and handled the disaster in a professional manner.

regards,
jethro

--
Jethro Carr