[AusNOG] IPv4

Alastair Johnson aj at sneep.net
Sat Mar 2 19:18:33 EST 2013

Seems like an over-dramatization. Free.fr, Comcast, AT&T have had IPv6 available on their networks for some time without this sort of issue.

This is precisely what World IPv6 Day and World IPv6 Launch were about -- to combat this kind of thinking and prove that such a scenario is unlikely or extremely rare.

I have native IPv6 at home, on by default from my ISP (Comcast) and it just works. Oh, and 16% of my traffic goes over IPv6 every day. This number is so low only because the VPN terminator at my office is not yet IPv6 connected (but will be).