[AusNOG] IPv4

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com
Sat Mar 2 15:17:22 EST 2013

...he cares because its wasteful and a poor allocation of a finite resource.

And before I get howled down by those that say  "move to IPv6" I would suggest:

1:  people are but many of their customers (think corporate) aren't yet

2: that you hand back your IPv4 space as obviously your business doesn't need it because you have your IPv6 right?

 Yes we have been running out for the last 10 years - I get it.  But here's the news flash - we are going to keep running out for at least the next 5, because the network operator doesn't always determine the timetable for migration of course and unless they don't care about having customers.

Sent from my iPhone