[AusNOG] APNIC Slashes Costs for New Members

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 2 12:47:15 EST 2013

>________________________________

Not at all.

>You either didn't read the rest of the post or seem to be interested in taking that sentence out of context when the rest of the post indicates all the pros and cons for a small business to accelerate investment in IPv6 (or not accelerating it beyond what's in the project plan).

Actually, it is completely in context. The problem you claim to be solving for your customers are their connectivity problems i.e. they want to communicate, and you claim to be able to facilitate that. They quite rightly don't have to care about what technology is used to to achieve that, as long as they are able to communicate with whom they want to communicate. If they want to communicate with "the Internet", meaning everybody on it, that now or will soon mean via IPv4 or via IPv6. If you don't invest in IPv6, you aren't providing the Internet connectivity your customers want and expect, even if they don't know or need to know to ask for IPv6. Or you could rename your Internet products "limited, IPv4 only Internet" connectivity, and that would then be the truth (and also won't fall foul of trade practices laws ...)