[AusNOG] APNIC Slashes Costs for New Members

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Fri Mar 1 23:27:20 EST 2013

On 1/03/2013 11:08 PM, Damian Guppy wrote:
> The apnic policy is just trying to make entry to the market cheaper for the small
> players, then they can try and be shrewed with their pittence or start making enough
> to afford a larger range.

Actually, I think the theory is that with a /22, a new entrant can use CGNAT and
oversubscribe it 100:1 or whatever ratio turns out to be optimum and support a
significant number of subscribers, without having to have a larger range at all.
It might work if you pick your target customers carefully.

Paul