[AusNOG] APNIC Slashes Costs for New Members

Martin - StudioCoast martin.sinclair at studiocoast.com.au
Fri Mar 1 21:58:40 EST 2013

Wow, it's quite an extreme position to say an SSL is not a valid reason
for an IP address!
Deploying SNI is a customer support nightmare, it's broken (sometimes
randomly) on many platforms that claim to support it and non-existent
for anyone using IE on XP (and there are a lot of them!)

If SNI actually worked as advertised we could survive on the IP
addresses we have until IPv6 is widely deployed. Sadly there will come a
time soon where we will either have to start
turning customers away or plunging into the expensive crevasse that is
the IP trading market!

Martin