[AusNOG] NBN Co Aggregation advice

Paul Wallace paul.wallace at mtgi.com.au
Thu Jul 18 09:37:39 EST 2013

+1

-----Original Message-----
From: AusNOG [mailto:ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net] On Behalf Of Tim March
Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:35 AM
To: ausnog at lists.ausnog.net
Subject: Re: [AusNOG] NBN Co Aggregation advice

On 18/07/13 7:49 AM, Chris Gibbs wrote:
> So as of a couple of weeks ago, Gosford City Council is now a licensed Carrier and hopefully signing WBA shortly.

One half of me says; "That's really innovative thinking. If if you can provide discounted services fetc. to local industry and boost their competitiveness without increasing tax burden on ratepayers then that's totally awesome."

The other half of me says; "What business does council have getting in to the network services game? Your paid to keep the sewage flowing and garbage off the streets, not spend tax dollars playing telco."

I'm genuinely interested to hear what services/infrastructure you guys intend to offer and how you see that playing out from a fee/reward point of view...

T.