[AusNOG] Assistance in picking a router

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Wed Jul 17 22:33:52 EST 2013

If it is one upstream provider, a default route is all you need.... so the
BGP power is not relevant.

1Gb connection? with 30mb now? Weird.  Sounds like your over provisioned.
 If anything this sounds like a volume based connection...

If you really want to support 1Gb throughput, then a refurb Cisco G2 isn't
going to cut it.

In the Cisco world, a RF ASR1002 with ESP5G will cost 10-15k or so.  But
that that price, I would go a brand new Brocade CER-200RT, or Juniper MX5.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net

The Experts Who The Experts Call