[AusNOG] "NBN Co to reserve data port for government"

Brad Gould bradley at internode.com.au
Wed Jul 17 13:44:51 EST 2013

NBNCo have a problem, and its the number of MAC addresses they need to
know about.

Each NTD port has a hard limit of 7 MAC's, and its specifically
disallowing bridged ethernet.

You need a L3 device to connect to the NTD.

So how do you do wireless in that environment?  Increase the scope of
the NTD to include some sort of L3 termination function?  Wireless
security?

If thats the case, why have a customer router at all?  Then NBNCo become
RSP circuit termination point, rather than the transport.  Nightmare for
all concerned.

Brad