[AusNOG] Telstra agreed to retain [Australian] data for US authorities

Tim March march.tim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 10:03:21 EST 2013

On 14/07/13 3:38 PM, Robert Hudson wrote:
> On 14 July 2013 13:13, Tim March <march.tim at gmail.com
> <mailto:march.tim at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Someone posts "Your national carrier is spying on you on behalf of a
>     foreign state" and it gets four responses. Someone posts "ZOMGLOL WE
>     MIGHT GET THE GOOGLE-WEBZ ONE DAY" and it gets 17 responses. This is
>     why we can't have nice things.
>

>     T.
>

> One is within the remit for this list.  The other is not.
>
> So apparently because you posted something off topic, we can't have nice
> things?

My point was a social observation; "As an industry we're more concerned
with shiny things than protecting our individual freedom or privacy. So
long as this continues (and it will) the perceived injustices that many
us are equally outraged about will continue to worsen."

If the only thing you managed to take away from it was "WAHHHHH! LEAVE
BRITNEY ALONE!" then you're just another part of the problem.

T.