[AusNOG] Switching Recommendations

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Mon Jul 15 09:03:34 EST 2013

  Thanks for the recommendations and discussion on the matter everyone!

  In the short term, we will likely look at the Cisco 3560 for price and
vendor preference, as the performance limitations described will exceed
our use at the moment. I realise this limits our growth on this
equipment, but at the moment we are making do with 2960G's as
top-of-rack switches comfortably, and are only making a move for the
benefit of dual redundant power supplies.

  However if budget allows it after grabbing some official pricing, I
will likely look at the Juniper options. Dual-PSU is our only main
requirement, other than that basic VLAN's is as much as we do on the
switch directly, so stacking and L3 capabilities are definitely not
important to us.

Thanks,
Joe