[AusNOG] Is there anyone from Telstra available who works in the Telstra DNS dept available?

Tim Butler tim at conetix.com.au
Mon Feb 18 14:55:45 EST 2013

Chris,

The main issue with Google's DNS / OpenDNS is the fact that Akamai still
doesn't play nicely with it.  Most other CDN's are fine, but Akamai
being one of the largest does make it a problem.  It's most noticeable
when downloading software updates (eg iTunes / OSX etc), as it doesn't
correctly choose an Australian peer. For large updates I'll change my
DNS before and then change it back to 8.8.8.8 afterwards. Other than
this, using Google's DNS works perfectly.

Thanks,

Tim.