[AusNOG] powerful routers in core/edge routing/switching

Ankit Agrawal ankitagrawals at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 11:27:30 EST 2013

Hi Guys,

I am interesting in hearing what others think and/or have experienced about
the following:

Cisco ASR
Juniper MX
Brocade MLX

I am after some powerful routers (with possible switching) that can hold
multiple IPv4/IPv6 tables and forward say ~200 Gbps of throughput preferably
all in hardware. This will be pure BGP/OSPF calculations for next hops,
route convergence and forwarding. I know MLX ports can act as switching
ports so that will mean I don't need a separate switching layer which is a
bonus.

Guess, instead of having a L3 switch that can do routing, I want a router
that can do switching.

Looking forward to hear from you noggers.

Best Regards,

Ankit Agrawal.