[AusNOG] The occurrence of duplicate MAC addresses

Tom Berryman tom at connectivityit.com.au
Fri Feb 8 18:19:56 EST 2013

Actually bad luck to both guy #1 and #2 really- though you would *presume I wouldn't be larger vendors "recycling" their MAC allocation, but the smaller vendor less likely to have their hardware located at a large peering point...
I have suspected -for 12 months or so- iPads to do this presenting issues on large scale L2 deployments when the units were purchased in bulk, i.e. a secondary school purchasing 600 or so in 1 order and connecting to a campus wide L2 domain.... Anyone else out there experience this with iPads?
--Tom