[AusNOG] News: Telstra to clamp down on peer-to-peer

Kris Price ausnog at punk.co.nz
Fri Feb 8 08:42:45 EST 2013

On 2/8/2013 8:40 AM, Mark Smith wrote:
> ISPs being able to do this prioritisation is in their T&Cs if they want to be able to do it.

You're right, ISPs sure, but not access providers. Even when you're an
access provider and you offer multiple classes of service, you have to
be careful about creating situations that may be unfair. The ultimate
solution of course is to over provision your access network massively
and never be congested, but that may be unrealistic unless you're
Phillip Grasso :->

> To or from where?
[snip]

Thanks, I think I understand the Internet better now. ;-)