[AusNOG] The occurrence of duplicate MAC addresses

Andrew Paternoster Andrew at screwloose.com.au
Thu Feb 7 10:04:18 EST 2013

We had a customer that P2V a server then moved the server to the other side of the side and used it as a backup file server. Then then wondered why their network had all these intermittent issues.
There have also been many clones of products and they do such a good job at copying the original they even copy the MAC address. Dreambox's come to mind and there have been ROM from XDA developers that set the MAC addresses all to the same address too.

Thank you
Andrew Paternoster