[AusNOG] News: Telstra to clamp down on peer-to-peer

John Lindsay JLindsay at internode.com.au
Wed Feb 6 09:56:55 EST 2013

those heroic champions over at iiNet who won when you sued them in court about P2P.

jsl
--
John Lindsay - CTO - iiNet

On 06/02/2013, at 9:11 AM, Paul Gear <ausnog at libertysys.com.au<mailto:ausnog at libertysys.com.au>>
 wrote:

On 02/05/2013 09:29 PM, Shaun McGuane wrote:
That’s a very valid point Skeeve.
I am wondering what they classify as a heavy downloader?

The customer base willing to pay more for a higher GB download allowance.
Isn’t that just good business?

This discussion suggests to me that Telstra's decision has nothing to do with bandwidth and everything to do with music/movie interest groups whom Telstra is trying to sweet-talk to increase their margins on Bigpond Music, etc.

I can hear the sell now: "You should give us an extra 2% wholesale margin because we're doing something about Internet piracy - not like those dirty pirates over at iiNet who fought you in court about P2P."

Paul