[AusNOG] Interesting and perhaps quite scary security presentation from HD Moore of Metasploit fame

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Mon Feb 4 17:47:24 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Me and I'd have thought others I've worked with and know ;-) .

Considering that these probes would have been against many corporate routers and residential CPEs that are supposed to be acting as Internet firewalls, both specifically and inherently due to the nature of NAPT, clearly they're not being very effective at that job, or the people who are configuring them aren't being effective at doing their job. To me both the volume of ineffectiveness, and the apparent lack of taking advantage of it is a surprise.