[AusNOG] Running out of VLANs

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Mon Dec 16 17:55:20 EST 2013

The only decent option here is Metro Ethernet and the number of VLANs your
equipment can support.

Whether it is an MX960 supporting 128k VLANs (obviously 4k per port),
Brocade MLXe which supports 4k VLANs, or Cisco ME4924 which supports 4k
VLANs or many others... you need to upgrade.

Being able to extract VLANs from Q-in-Q is helpful as is VLAN
renumbering.... any switch which calls itself Metro Ethernet is something
you want to look into.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com