[AusNOG] Running out of VLANs

Michael Andreas Schipp MSchipp at a10networks.com
Mon Dec 16 16:55:25 EST 2013

Hi James,

If you need to replace kit with higher end Cisco, Brocade, Arista whatever, suggest you step back and look at why you are needing so many VLANs and not just look at the vendor newer tin but if new tech can also help e.g. QinQ/TRILL/SPB and the like.

After you work out what tech to use (and this may end up being that more of what you are already doing) then take a look at the vendors with port density, speeds and feeds (and costs of HW and support).

Thank you,

Michael A Schipp
Regional SE Manager ANZ
A10 Networks