[AusNOG] Juniper vs Cisco vs Brocade - what's best for BGP routing?

James Braunegg james.braunegg at micron21.com
Wed Dec 11 18:49:44 EST 2013

Dear Andrew

I would recommend Brocade... years ago I was looking at the Cisco ASR, Juniper MX and the Brocade MLXe... The end result was we choose the MLXe series routers which are still amazing today..., the core difference was the pure performance improvements and scalability which the MLXe provided us,  that being said the MLXe would be overkill for your budget.

If you're after a hardware based ASIC router then the CER provides great value and performance, the other option as mentioned is a software based router solution

Kindest Regards

James Braunegg
P:  1300 769 972  |  M:  0488 997 207 |  D:  (03) 9751 7616
E:   james.braunegg at micron21.com<mailto:james.braunegg at micron21.com>  |  ABN:  12 109 977 666
W:  www.micron21.com/ip-transit<http://www.micron21.com/ip-transit>    T: @micron21

This message is intended for the addressee named above. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this message in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.