[AusNOG] Network Operators Question - Microsoft SPLA Licensing Review

Peter Tonoli peter at medstv.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Dec 10 09:57:59 EST 2013

Hi Chris,

> Hope you're having a terrific day!
>
> Please note we've only had the single off-list reply to the below
> thread - does anyone else monitor their Microsoft Software outside of
> manual audits, if so, could you please respond, it'd really be
> appreciated. I'd really appreciate experiences from you all.

We're currently using Spiceworks - which is free <http://www.spiceworks.com/free-software-inventory-audit-tool/>, for our audits.

One of the organisations that I manage had a non SPLA audit by Microsoft. There were a few issues, in that Microsoft claimed they'd emailed us, called us, sent us snail mail letters, which we never recieved. We eventually completed the audit, sent it to them, and never recieved a response or even an acknowledgement - pretty poor.

Cheers,
Peter.
--
Peter Tonoli < peter at medstv.unimelb.edu.au > +61-3-9288-2399