[AusNOG] FOXTEL PLAY?

Peter Adkins peter.adkins at kernelpicnic.net
Wed Aug 28 16:03:27 EST 2013

Someone might be able to weigh in officially, but from a third-party
perspective the traffic for the actual HLS / Smooth Streaming video data
appears to come from the Telstra NGCDN. As an example, from a service in
SA, the traffic ends up at what appears to be Waymouth (
way-cdn220-is-5.se.fxmultismlive256.ngcdn.telstra.com), albeit via
Melbourne through one provider and Sydney through another.

This having been said, this may not be completely accurate as this is for
the Foxtel Go service rather than Play. I wouldn't be surprised if the same
architecture was being used for both products but you know what they say
about assumptions :)

Cheers,