[AusNOG] Pipe/Equinix Peering Costs

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Tue Aug 20 19:16:49 EST 2013

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 03:39:54PM +1200, Matt Richards wrote:
> We're in talks with Equinix about a new rack in SY3, and they're
> saying 100meg IX cost is $1000 plus cross-connect. He mentioned that
> some website had said it $250 and that wasn't accurate.

Wow... $1000+XC for 100Mb makes even PIPE look cheap.  I can't say for
certain, but I'm fairly confident that if you push, you can get it from
Equinix cheaper than that.

If you want to use NSW-IX and don't want to faff around with a link to SY1,
ping me off-list -- we've got dark fibre between SY3 and GS, and are looking
at a hookup to NSW-IX.  I'm sure something can be worked out.

- Matt

--
The main advantages of Haynes and Chilton manuals are that they cost $15,
where the factory manuals cost $100 and up, and that they will tell you how