[AusNOG] Fwd: LulzSec Leader Arrested in Sydney - One of our own

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 15:42:07 EST 2013

Can I make a suggestion that everyone have a little think about the
laws pertaining to public comment on an open case (sub judice)? I
believe there are financial and other penalties for this.

Whatever the allegations agains this person they deserve testing in
court, indeed all humans deserve a fair trial. That's one of the
fundamentals of our system of law.

I suggest (note use of word, since I am not a lawyer) that everyone
sticks to discussing security and computer crime laws in general terms
only, and not to the specifics of any particular case, or individual,
while it is likely to be the subject of a criminal prosecution.

This list is archived publicly, and even if it weren't then it would
still be highly accessible by anyone without much effort.

best regards

Narelle Clark