[AusNOG] Fwd: LulzSec Leader Arrested in Sydney - One of our own

Michael Kahl michael at kahl.id.au
Thu Apr 25 02:18:12 EST 2013

It's interesting that a "commonly known exploit" was used to "hack" a
government website.

If it was actually exploited remotely and assuming it is a government
website it's safe to assume it was compliant with all of the various
security standards, so what does that say for all of the standards and
certification testing that's required these days?

Businesses spend huge amounts of money complying with those requirements
just to be allowed to stay in business but when Government sites get hacked
through "commonly known exploits", and assuming they're the champions of
those rules seeing as they created them, it has to be questioned the value
of those rules and certifications in the first place.